Monday, November 2, 2009
Confusion and disappointment
Why is it that Filipinos commemorate the all souls day on November 1? Isn't it that November 1 is All saints day? And is going to the cemeteries during All souls day a family reunion? Is it right to eat on the tomb? Plus, why is that Filipinos keep on imitating other country's culture such as Halloween parties during this kind of commemoration? All saints and souls day should be a day of prayer and commemorating their passion and works when they're still alive and this must be really observed for us Filipinos. I have so many questions about this month's commemorations. I observed that other people are not even praying while they're near their love one's tomb. They're disturbing our family while we pray and they even make noise, chatting and, even gambling. What a mess is that?! Any way, it's already done. Disappointment and confusion is what I've got these consecutive days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment